Hot Topics / Priority Issues
THURSDAY, MAY 12, 2022
CLMHD Is Hiring: Office Manager
The New York State Conference of Local Mental Hygiene Directors, Inc., (The Conference), a statewide membership association representing the Directors of Community Services/ Commissioners of Mental Health for the 57 counties and the City of New York, is seeking an Office Manager to provide comprehensive administrative and financial operations support. This role requires exceptional attention to detail, technological skills, and the ability to anticipate the needs of the Executive Director and staff. The Office Manager will work daily with the Conference’s Executive Director and staff, and have direct interaction with the Board of Officers and county membership in this full-time, professional position based in Albany, New York.
The Office Manager will oversee the general administrative function and activities of the office.
- Oversees the daily work activities of the office.
- Provide direct support to the Executive Director for financial and human resource operations.
- Support staff with agenda preparation and taking of minutes for regularly scheduled meetings with membership and internal committees
- Provide support to staff with assigned administrative duties such as scheduling/calendar coordination, travel arrangements, answering phones, sorting and distributing mail, and preparing documents.
- Manages full administrative preparation of quarterly State Agency meetings and bi-annual membership meetings.
- Oversee technology/IT operations.
- Serve as liaison to building management, office supply and equipment vendors.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Maintain office filing system; implement/develop efficiencies for other staff to access files and records both in-house and electronically.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to type at least 60 words per minute.
- Extensive knowledge of office management procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in office administration or related field.
- At least three years of administrative and clerical experience required.
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Access, Excel and Outlook), webinar software (Zoom/virtual meeting platforms), and QuickBooks
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and organized, takes initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects at one time, and prioritize tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Salary is Commensurate with Experience. Benefit package offered.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by June 15, 2022 to email@example.com.