Equity, Diversion, and Inclusion Training Series
A FRAMEWORK FOR CHANGE: PART ONE - Laying the Foundation
- Develop a common language for talking about privilege, power, and equity.
- Develop a common language for talking about partnership, liberation, and equity.
- Explore our individual experiences
- Explore the uniqueness of race in the U.S.
A FRAMEWORK FOR CHANGE: PART TWO - The Cycle of Socialization
- Examine how institutional and personal practices maintain inequalities among people and prevent us all from reaching our full potential
- Historical snapshot on racism in U.S. Healthcare
- Reflect on the communities served; how does this work apply to the LSPs
A FRAMEWORK FOR CHANGE: PART THREE - Managing Change: Creating an Inclusive Community
- Examine racism’s impact on authentic communication and transparency
- Introduce change adoption as a tool for managing system change.
- Explore how humans learn and the level of training and practice needed to support practice change
- Reflect on how these tools can be applied to CLMHD and LGU cultural competence initiatives and LSPs